QuickBooks Backup Process – Manual and Automatic
It is essential that you back up your QuickBooks Company file regularly. Backing up ensures that a copy of all valuable accounting records is always available and that your company can function even after unexpected data damage or crisis. For QuickBooks Backup, all you have to do is set a reminder and make sure that your data is returned on time.
As professionals, we recommend our clients to back up their accounting data on a daily basis. Just set a date every month and take a quick look at all the backed up data. This way, you will be well updated on what you need to back up again and what needs to be removed. You can also call our QuickBooks Tech Support phone number to resolve your all errors and problems.
There are two methods for data backup, one is manual while the other is automatic. We will talk about both methods in detail here. So, you can use whatever method that suits your needs.
QuickBooks Backup File – Manual Procedure
When you create a QuickBooks backup file, you save a copy of it to the location of your choice. There are various file hosting providers like One Drive, Dropbox, Google Cloud, etc. You can also use flash drives or other forms of media to save back-up to a location other than your local drive.
The manual method is extremely simple but you need to follow the steps carefully. The steps are provided by the experts of QB Pro Solution and are very easy to understand and use.
- From the File menu, choose the Switch single-user mode option.
- Now, go to the File menu and choose the Backup Company.
- Then, click on Create a Local Backup and click on Options.
- A backup options window will appear and ask – where do you want to save the QuickBooks backup file?
- Here, you need to click browse and choose a particular place of your choice.
- Now, select the verification option. With this you can verify the data you have saved and you will be informed about it whenever there is any kind of corruption or hacking.
- Then, select the OK button.
- Finally, just click on Finish
There is a chance that you may not be able to save or backup data on a CD or CD-R drive. If anything like this happens, save the data in your hard drive and use CD burner software. If you do not want to download any third-party software, you can also use Windows Explorer. QuickBooks File Doctor can also provide assistance if you are experiencing any type of problem while performing a backup.
Automated QuickBooks Backup File Process
In QuickBooks, you’ll find two ways to automatically backup your valuable accounting detail. The first technique is to create a backup each time after closing a file. It is up to you how often you want to back up the QB.
The second technique for register backup. You can find all supported data in the Auto Backup folder available in the QuickBooks directory.
Method 1: Back-up while closing the file.
- Choose the Back-Up option from the File menu.
- Click the Backup tab schedule and then select the checkbox that says – Automatically backup when a data file is closed
- Now, enter an appropriate frequency for backup.
- Then make the appropriate selection in the QuickBooks Backup window.
- Finally, select OK
Method 2: Schedule QuickBooks Backup
- Choose the backup option from the File menu
- Now, choose the Schedule Backup tab and click on the New button.
- Make the appropriate selection (by preference) in the schedule window.
- Finally, click Save to save the new schedule.
If you do not yet have a data backup solution, join our team. Our professionals will guide you through the process and ensure that the data is protected. To get more information, call us on our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number.