Before the year 2009, If someone wanted to chat with their friend on social media, they had to register on Orkut(.). That was the time when no other player was there as needed to compete.
Today After 11 odd years, The popularity of Social Media has increased numerously. In today’s era, various platforms are like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, TikTok, Whatsapp, Reddit, and the list. It allows us to be free virtually. You can upload photos. Videos can share memories on them. Go live when you like to interact – such virtual freedom for us as Social Media apps.
As the Internet evolves, the usage pattern of people has changed widely compared to 5 years back. There are some astonishing facts about social media sites that we may use regularly, but 95% of people are unaware of these amazing facts.
Let’s Check out!
1. 92% Percent Social Media Users are Teenagers
The survey shows that most of the Audience of Social media is Teenagers. If someone wanted to reach them offline, then the plan might not work! But what if they tried to contact them via these online media portals? Surely They can get a considerable number of them via these Social media sites.
2. Study Reveals 83 Million Of Fake Profiles On Facebook
Fake profiles on social media sites are created for many reasons, and some for no reason. It’s effortless to spot a profile with one or two photos and less than a cup of friends. Facebook have recently scrutinized around 83 million fake profiles on their website. But that’s not the exact number, because every five profiles created on Facebook, there is one profile which is hiding its reality as a fake profile.
3. Tiktok Is The Highest Data Consuming Social Video Sharing App
The trend of short video clips has not started very recently. But the popularity of these fantastic apps has increased from 10 to 500 in recent years. As per data, People love to watch TikTok videos, and today this social site addiction has gone to another level.
It consumes the highest-level of Internet data as a Short video media application. TikTok has 800 million active users on its platform and more than 2 Billion downloads on the Google play store. It makes it one of the highest-grossing social media platforms in 2020.
4. Instagram And Pinterest Have Highest Woman Users Worldwide
Instagram has a large user base of a billion. Which of them, 65% Audience are women. It’s a vast Man-Woman ratio compared to any social media platform.
Also, Pinterest, A photo Pin sharing social site, has 367 Million active users monthly. We have more than 70% women. It has a more significant base of users who are Adults and parents.
5. 500 Million Tweets Sent Globally A Day
It can be a social comment, opinion, or express your words. Twitter is the most favorite social media app for today’s population. Every single day on this site, there are 500 Million tweets sent. Isn’t it a fantastic Unknown fact!
Do you know the Official account of Mark Zuckerberg, Founder of Facebook, Has not been verified on Twitter till now. Also, Facebook tries to buy Twitter, but the co-founders of Twitter always refused to be sold.
6. Mobile Phones Are Going To Dominate Social Media Platforms Soon
From the last seven years, mobile traffic on social apps has drastically increased by 220%. Approximately 79% of Facebook users are using this via Mobile phones in 2020. Whereas in YouTube video-sharing social sites, an average of 1,000,000,000 Video views per day come from mobile phone audiences.
Some Bonus Facts
- Twitter’s logo carries a bird. Named Larry. But Why? Because this is a tribute to The basketball player Larry Bird.
- Pinterest is the most loved and used social platform by parents. Most of the audiences are from the USA.
- 41% of the world’s successful people are active on LinkedIn, and you know what? Every second, two new accounts are created on LinkedIn. You can get usernames and passwords to premium accounts online.
- If you have an Instagram account, you may use hashtags. If not used, then at least you have listened or seen people use it on their Insta Post. You might be surprised to know that Hashtags can increase your engagement by 12.6%.
- TikTok has been banned In India Recently for some security concerns. This Southeast Asian country had a considerable number of active teen audiences out there. That’s the reason why Instagram’s Reels feature is creating a buzz in India right now.
Social media is an era that is non-detachable from our day to day life today. But according to the professionals, what makes it more remarkable is that it’s not going to go anywhere shortly. There is an audience for any product or specific service available on the social media platform, Making things simple to connect people with the world.